Tuesday, July 10, 2012

I May Be New School But I Still Like Old School

I know it may seem odd since this blog is called The New School Gamer but I still enjoy playing games that most people refer to as "dated". Pretty graphics, complex physics engines and online battle grounds generally make me happy but they don't provide the nostalgia of older games.

I grew up in the era where Super Nintendo, Playstation and Sega Genesis were at the top of the gaming industry. I remember playing Sonic the Hedgehog, Crash Bandicoot and Super Mario Bros., those were the good ol' days. When I was a kid going head to head with a friend in an arcade would have been the highlight of my day, no matter how terrible I was.

I guess a little nostalgia is always good, I can see why I decided to download Final Fantasy 7 and Crash Bandicoot Warped from the Playstation network. They bring back a lot of memories of simpler times and  they make me realize that everyone gets older, even me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment