Monday, July 9, 2012

Hey Sqaure Enix, Get your Head Out Of The Sand!

Over the past few years I have grown to dislike a the game developer know as Square Enix. I have a feeling that I'm not the only one who feels this way.

As some of you know, I have posted about my frustration with this developer, mainly that their games have become rather undesirable to put it politely. My reason for getting vexed is the fact that Square Enix has been apparently hinting at the production of Final Fantasy XIII-3.

I played FF XIII  and I just couldn't get through it, to linear for an RPG and the lack of an interesting plot put me off. The I began hearing poor reviews of FF XIII-2, which leads me to believe that the developers really don't care about what the gamers want. It seems like all the games that people want (ie. FF Versus XIII, Kingdom Hearts 3 and A FF VII remake) are all disregarded just to produce sequels to a rather uninteresting game.

I understand that the developers have the right to produce what ever game they like, but when it comes down to it, they are a business and a business most definitely cannot survive if their products are consistently sub-par.

No comments:

Post a Comment