Saturday, June 26, 2010

Digital Distribution: The future of gaming?

I kind of fell like making a little prediction of what is going to happen in the future of the gaming industry. It seems that this generation that the digital distribution of games is becoming increasingly popular, but I don't think it's going to be the way of the future.


Personally like having my games on some sort of tangible medium,like cartridges or discs for example. I don't think I could have all my games stored on a hard drive in my PS3, I would be too worried about loosing them if my console bricked. Call me old school but I like knowing that I can physically hold the games I bought since they are my little $60 investments. From a business stand point I feel like it makes absolutely no sense for a proliferation of digital distribution to occur. Due to the fact that in this day and age so many individual pirate so much digital content on a regular basis, the developers won't make any money since somebody is bound to find a way to pirate the games off of the internet. This leads me to believe that all this talk about digital distribution taking over is a bunch of BS.

No comments:

Post a Comment