Monday, September 13, 2010

I'm Just Putting it Out There, Crash Team Racing Beats Mario Kart Any Day

As a child I used to have a Playstation (PS1) as many of you probably know and I enjoyed it very much. It was probably the main reason I have been feeding Sony all this money of the years.

One of the main reasons I loved my PS1 so much was because of all it's racing games, in my eyes they were far superior to those on the N64. Probably my favorite racing game next to Need for Speed 3: Hot Pursuit was Crash Team Racing (CTR). I always preferred CTR to Diddy Kong Racing and Mario Kart for some reason. It may b due to the fact that the Crash Bandicoot games were my favorite platforming games at the time, so that may create a little bias. But I think there is more to it, in my opinion the power ups and the tracks were far superior to the N64 racers. On the other hand it comes down to personal preference because Diddy Kong Racing was not my cup of tea due to the fact that it was not only kart racing. Regarding Mario Kart, I just didn't like the tracks all that much. So many people have disagreed with me but my arguments stands; PS1 had the best racing games in that generation.

6 comments:

  1. I don't really like racing games in general (sorry) but I absolutely loved all games Crash Bandicoot! Crash Bandicoot is my equivalent for Banjo & Kazooie because my family never owned the console(s) that supported the Banjo/Kazooie games. (And to me, the game play was similar. But I was also a very naive gamer back then. So I don't know. But they're equated in my mind, nonetheless.)

    I miss Crash Bandicoot, now. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol yeah Banjo and Kazooie was really fun and it's true I was also pretty naive compared to now. I guess gaming wisdom comes with age :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crash team was cool, but the SNES Mario Kart is the best. Diddy Kong racing was also good.

    Then there's Wipeout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree, agree, agree! Mario Kart's great and all, but I've really gotten tired of them at this point. DKR was the first N64 game I played, so its got a special place in my heart of course, but I love CTR! It makes me smile thinking back on them, so thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm actually considering making a trip to the mall today so pick a PSN card so I can buy some PS1 games online :P

    Dave I completely forgot about Wipeout, I was horrible at that game; a;though it was very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww I love Mario Cart! I love baby something she is cute lol

    ReplyDelete