Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Uncharted 3, You Are Awesome

The Uncharted series never ceases to amaze me, I thought it would be impossible for Naughty Dog to create a game better than the first Uncharted game. Well I was clearly wrong.

Over the last couple of weeks I have been able to spend some more quality time with my PS3, well I guess it has been more like binge gaming. Anyway I have just finished playing the story mode of Uncharted 3 and I strongly believe it was one of the best games I have played in a long while.

There were several aspects of this game that made it great. We all know that there is nothing wrong with a little eye candy and Uncharted 3 has some of the best visuals I have ever seen, notably the lighting in the game is superb. The game play mechanics have being refined and this made the hand to hand combat system in the game work much more smoothly. I never really liked getting into a fist fight in the previous Uncharted games it felt kind of clunky, but in the third installment it is pretty damn fun to get into a brawl.

The developer Naughty Dog really knows how to create an intriguing and enjoyable story and the plot in this game has you on the edge of your seat. The plot wasn't predictable (like the later parts of Uncharted 2), in fact a was pretty surprised at some points and the story had very good pacing. One of my favourite things about Uncharted 3 was the script and the voice acting, it make the story seem believable and the characters seemed natural.

I haven't had a chance to play the multiplayer component of this game (due to Battlefield 3 soaking up all of my time) but based on the single player of Uncharted 3 I can say that this game is the best in the series so far, as it has improved on some of the faults in the previous games while maintaining its unique gaming experience that I long for.

No comments:

Post a Comment