Sunday, January 6, 2013

Halo: Forward Unto Dawn Review

Now that all 5 episodes of the long awaited web series have aired I think it is safe to say that I genuinely enjoyed it. Us Halo fans have been hoping for years to see a live action Halo film but that never happened and I have a feeling it probably never will see the light of day. For now I guess we will have to settle with the Live action web series. I will try to keep the spoilers to a minimum so those of you who haven't seen seen the series yet can thoroughly enjoy it. Basically The series starts off approximately 25 years before the events of Halo: Combat Evolved and is showing us the lives of students at the Corbulo Academy of Military Science. The protagonist Thomas Lasky, a young cadet, an underachiever with huge shoes to fill is put to the test as the school comes under attack from Covenant forces. Lasky and fellow students must fight for their survival against this new enemy. With the help of a young John 117 (Master Chief), they will attempt to get through this ordeal alive. As always, I was skeptical about how this 5 part series would turn out. After the introductions of the characters in the first episode the plot moved along quite smoothly. I must say that I was blown away by the production quality of the series, it was a lot better than most of the crappy sci-fi shows on TV these days. Overall the plot was good and the action and special effects were awesome, so it's safe to say that Forward Unto Dawn was a pretty well put together web series. I just hope that this series will make movie studios feel more inclined to create a full length Halo film, only time will tell I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment