Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Step aside Crysis 2 here comes Killzone 3

So I was catching up on some gaming news last night and to my surprise, I learned the development of Killzone 3 is well underway. I was glad to hear that the guys at Guerrilla have taken some time to fix some of the issues that were present in the second installment in the Killzone series. To name a few, the clunky melee system is being refined and the game will have a lot more colour, due to the game have greatly varied landscapes such as jungles and snowy areas. I don't know if it's just me but I didn't have too much of a problem with the all the gray in Killzone 2, since the game itself was supposed to be dark and gritty I thought it was fine that the colour palette was aswell, but that's just me. I really did like Killzone 2 and I am glad to see that the developer is taking the initiative to improve upon an already great game. If anyone at Guerrilla games is reading this, I hope you guys include split screen co-op and multiplayer in Killzone 3 because in my eyes that was the biggest flaw in Killzone 2.


As you may know Crysis 2 is going to be a multi-platform games so it will be direct competition for Killzone 3 since they will both be on the Playstation 3. I am not sure when both games are launching but I feel that they will both be in direct competition regardless. This is the case simply because Crysis 2 and Killzone 3 probably will have some of the best visuals in a first person shooter or even in console games in general. Both games are visually stunning but I feel that Killzone 3 will have the upper hand. Although there is a possibility that Crysis 2 will have better visuals than Killzone 2 regarding the environments, I was very disappointed with the character models that were shown in the Crysis 2 trailer. They did not look as polished as the character models in Killzone 2, which means the character models and the environments Killzone 3 can look even better than they did in the second Killzone. But what I am sure about is Killzone 3 having an outstanding multi-player component because the multi-player in Killzone 2 was fun, very addictive and the class system worked pretty well (except for the times when everyone is spamming rockets) but I have no idea what the multi-player in Crysis 2 is going to be like. As of now, it seems like Killzone 3 might take the cake as the prettiest console game and have the better multi-player component but if that's the case I am sure Crysis 2 will be close behind. E3 is just around the corner, and I am very excited to see which one of these first person shooters can impress me the most and possibly get my $60 when it releases.

No comments:

Post a Comment