Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood Has Surprised Me!

A couple weekends ago purely by chance I had the opportunity to play Assassins Creed: Brotherhood (ACB), I have always been skeptical about the online component of the game. It just seemed like a gimmick when they announced it.

So I decided to play this game with and open mind, the single player is pretty much same AC gameplay that I have seen before so I got right into the multiplayer. All I can tell you is that I had one hell of a time playing online. I enjoyed it very much, I liked the variety of games modes available. Notably, I had a great time playing the standard "free for all" mode where it is every man/women for themselves.

What I really liked about this game was that it has an online experience like no other game I have played before. I found it refreshing to play something online that was not your standard shooter, racing or sports game. One of the more memorable moments I had was when I was being pursed in the streets of Rome by an assassin and was running through the crowds and jumped into a pile of hay and finally evaded my pursuer. I found it just as thrilling when I was chasing my target through the streets and it felt so rewarding to get the points for the assassination because it is a task that is not as simple pointing and shoot in an FPS, it seems like the work you put pays off. I liked the fact that I was able to avoid getting assassinate in ways other than simply running away, like hiding in hay, blending in a crowd or simply sitting on a bench minding your own business.

Overall, I had a great gaming experience in the brief period that I played ACB. I was what I had been looking for, something fresh, something new and above all, something outside of the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment